Alliance Healthcare will never inform you solely by email message of changes to our bank account details or request you to provide your bank details to us. We would always ensure that further verification checks are carried out via telephone to protect bank details from identity theft.
Any email regarding changes sent outside normal working hours should be treated with caution.
Please report any suspicious email, call, or communication by calling 0203 044 8960.
We do not accept responsibility if you transfer funds to an incorrect account.
Please note that we have updated our Terms and Conditions of Sale. The principle changes to be aware of are:
- Section 5, Payment: clarification of means of payment and statement about how we will communicate to you any changes to bank details;
- Section 7, Liability: update to include terms relating to e-Missings;
- Section 8, Returns: revised wording to clarify the returns process, including FMD category products;
- Section 9, Damaged or Faulty Product Claim: revised wording to clarify the process for claiming for faulty or damaged products;
- Section 10, Your Information: updated wording to clarify how we use your business and personal data.
Terms and Conditions of Sale
Alliance Healthcare (Distribution) Limited, and OTC Direct Limited
("we", "us", "the Companies")
These terms and conditions shall apply to all sales by the Companies which for the purposes of these terms shall mean Alliance Healthcare (Distribution) Limited, and OTC Direct Limited and shall prevail and supersede over your terms and conditions (if any), whether printed on any invoice, order, quotation, specification or any other document provided by you.
These are the only terms and conditions upon which Alliance Healthcare (Distribution) Limited, and OTC Direct Limited are willing to supply products to you.
- These conditions (as may be updated from time to time) apply to all orders for products placed by our customers ('you', 'your') to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions (including any of your terms and conditions under any purchase order, confirmation of order or any other document). These terms shall supersede any specific product terms that might apply to your order and in the event of any inconsistency with any other terms that might apply, these terms shall prevail.
- These conditions replace any other earlier conditions and may be changed by us in writing at any time, including by putting amended conditions on our website.
- When we accept orders placed by your employees, agents or contractors we will not be responsible for vetting the authorisation of those employees, agents or contractors and we will not be liable to you for any financial losses incurred by you by virtue of our accepting any order.
- We do not accept orders unless and until we confirm them or (if earlier) when we deliver the products to you.
- Each order for any one product which we accept creates a separate contract.
- We will accept orders depending on availability. We can refuse to accept orders for any reason.
- When placing an order you are responsible for accurately identifying the products you need.
- All descriptions, illustrations and specifications contained in our catalogues, brochures and websites are for illustration only and do not form any part of these conditions.
- If you cancel any order, you will indemnify us (which means you guarantee to cover us), in full, against any loss (including loss of profit), costs, damages, charges and expenses we suffer as a result.
- Unless we say otherwise, the price quoted includes delivering the products to the agreed delivery address which must comply with any regulatory and registration requirements in full. However, we may make an extra charge to cover any extra related costs incurred and any increase in transport costs that apply before the date we deliver the products and we will notify you of any change in costs before delivery. You will provide at the delivery address adequate and appropriate equipment and support to enable you to take delivery of the products.
- Any dates quoted for delivering the products are only approximate. We will not be liable for any delay in delivering the products, however it is caused.
- If we cannot deliver an order in full, we will either send you a credit note for the shortfall or send you an invoice for the actual quantity delivered and deliver the rest of the order at a later date which we will arrange with you.
- If we are delivering the products in instalments, each delivery will form a separate contract and failure to deliver any one or more of the instalments in line with these conditions will not render the whole order as terminated.
- The signature on a delivery note or drop sheet by any person working at the delivery address will be evidence that you have accepted delivery of the products in full.
- If you fail to take delivery of the products or fail to give us adequate delivery instructions at the time given for delivery (unless we are at fault or there are circumstances beyond your reasonable control), without affecting any of our rights and any action we may be entitled to take, we may:
(i)store the products until we actually deliver them and charge you for the reasonable costs (including insurance) of storage and any costs related to redelivery; or
(ii)sell the products at the best price we can get and (after deducting all related costs, including without limitation all reasonable storage, insurance and selling expenses) pay you any excess we make over the contract price or charge you for any shortfall below the contract price.
- At any time, we can stop making deliveries and demand payment for any products we have already supplied to you, no matter what previous agreement or arrangements have been made.
- If delivery is outside the UK, unless otherwise agreed in writing delivery shall occur ex works, from our premises (Inco terms 2000) and you shall arrange, pay for and be responsible for carriage.
- The price of the products will be the price in our price file at the time of acceptance of the order, except where your order is for products ordered under a promotion or special offer and the price then will be as stated in that promotion or offer.
- The price does not include any value added tax ("VAT"), government tax or duty which will be charged and payable in addition to the price at the time when payment for the products is due.
- The price list is subject to change at any time without notice to you.
- We can charge the costs of pallets and returnable containers to you if you return these to us damaged or do not return them within 10 days of delivering the products.
- We will be entitled to charge, and you will pay, any account surcharge (by address) from time to time.
- We will invoice you for the price of the products, any other amount due to us, and any applicable VAT, tax or duty on or at any time after delivery, unless you fail to take delivery of the products. If this happens, we will be entitled to invoice you at any time after we have tried to deliver the products. If you have any queries, you must contact the Customer Services Department of the Company making the delivery within three working days of the invoice date.
- Provided no other invoice or amount owing to us is overdue, or no other event has occurred to cause us to review your credit terms, you may be entitled to a settlement discount for paying on time. This discount figure will be shown on your monthly statement. Any queries relating to the settlement discount should be directed in writing to the Customer Finance Department of the Company responsible for your order (as shown on the statement) before the 15th day of the month in which we sent the statement to you.
- We are entitled not to give you any credit terms, but any credit terms given to you are subject to review by us from time to time and we can at any time and without prior notice suspend or vary any credit terms given to you. To facilitate this review you agree to provide us with your up-to-date financial information and statements of NHS income on request.
- Subject to the following sentence, you must pay the price of the products (less any discount you may be entitled to, but without any other deduction), and any other amount due to us, so that cleared funds are received by us into our bank account on or before the last working day of the month following the month of the invoice date or by any other earlier date as we may notify to you from time to time. We shall be entitled at any time to require you to pay for any product before we supply it to you. It is a material term of this contract that you pay for the products on time. You must send your payment to the Customer Finance Department of the Company responsible for your order (as shown on the Company's invoices and statements). None of our drivers or agents can accept payment unless we have given you permission in writing beforehand. Any variation to these terms of payment must be agreed in writing by the relevant Companies Customer Finance Department. Due to the costs of processing a payment, we are entitled to withhold the payment of any rebate owed to you that is under the value of £10. This amount can be withheld until a rebate is owed for a value greater than £10.
- In the event that any payment is outstanding from you, we may (without affecting our other rights and any action we may be entitled to take) seize, recover and resell any products and you agree to give us the right to enter your premises, land or buildings to recover these products if you:
(i) agree to sell or otherwise dispose of your business or any part of it;
(ii) agree to sell or otherwise dispose of all or any part of the products to someone else (other than in the usual course of your business);
(iii) breach these conditions or fail to pay any amounts due under these conditions (or any other agreement between you and us, or any of our subsidiaries, associates or holding companies) within three days of them becoming due (whether we demand it or not);
(iv) have a Receiver, Administrative Receiver, Administrator, Provisional Liquidator or Liquidator appointed, pass a resolution for winding-up, have a court order made against you, are judged insolvent or bankrupt, cannot pay your debts as they fall due or make any arrangements with your creditors;
(v) encumber or in any way charge any of the products;
(vi) cease to trade; or
(vii) are late in making any payment to us and we will be entitled to demand payment of all outstanding invoices, whether they are due or not, and you must return any products we have delivered.
- You must write to the relevant Customer Finance Department within three working days of any of the events set out in clause 5(5) or if there is any material change in:
(i) the information supplied by you to us which we considered before granting credit facilities to you; or
(ii) the nature or value of your assets including but not limited to the crystallisation of any security.
- You must pay us by one of the following payment methods: Direct debit, BACS, CHAPS, credit or charge card or, with our prior agreement, cheque. We do not accept payment in cash.
- If you fail to make a payment by the due date, without affecting our other rights and remedies, we may:
(i) cancel the contract or suspend any further deliveries;
(ii) use or set off any payments you have made against any sums due as we decide;
(iii) reduce or cancel any discount and review the discount available to you in the future;
(iv) charge you for all and any costs and expenses we have incurred for the collection of any payments due (including but not limited to a charge of £25 plus VAT on each event that any cheque presented by you is returned unpaid, or any standing order or direct debit instruction fails. A £50 arrears charge will be issued on each transaction whereby the collection of any sum due to us is referred to a third party collection agency or legal agents including solicitors); and
(v) charge you interest (both before and after any judgment) on the amount you have not paid. We will use an annual rate of 5% above National Westminster Bank's base rate until you pay us in full. We will treat a part of a month as a full month for the purpose of working out interest.
- If you fail to make any payment by a due date, you will be liable to pay all outstanding invoices immediately that are payable to us, or to any Companies.
- You are not entitled to withhold payment or use any amounts as a set off against any amount we may owe you.
- If you are liable to us, and as a result owe us money, under these conditions or otherwise (or to any of our subsidiaries, associates or holding companies), we may use any amount you owe us to pay off any amount that we (or any of our subsidiaries, associates or holding companies) may otherwise owe you.
- We can ask you to pay the full amount you owe or part of it or provide acceptable security before we make a delivery.
- To prevent bank fraud, it is important to keep your account information secure and not to provide your bank details to unauthorised persons. For Alliance Healthcare customers, see The Guide to Working With Alliance Healthcare for more information about how Alliance Healthcare communicates with you about your bank account details or changes to Alliance Healthcare bank account details. For OTC Direct customers please refer to the OTC Direct website. We do not accept responsibility if you transfer funds to an incorrect account.
6. Risk and property
- You will be responsible for any damage to or loss of the products from the time we deliver them or, if you fail to accept the products, the time when we tried to deliver them.
- You will not own any of the products in any circumstances until we have received cleared funds for all sums due to us in respect of:
(i) the products; and
(ii) all other sums which are or which become due to us from you on any account.
- Until you own the products, you will
(i) hold the products on a fiduciary basis as the Company's bailee;
(ii) store the products (at no cost to us) separately from all your other goods or those of any third party in such a way that they remain readily identifiable as our property;
(iii) not destroy, deface or obscure in any way any identifying mark or packaging on or relating to the products; and
(iv) maintain and store the products in satisfactory conditions and keep them insured on our behalf for their full price against all risks.
- You may sell the products before ownership has passed to you solely on the following conditions:
(i) any sale is in the ordinary course of your business at full market value and you shall hold the amount of the proceeds that represents the amount owed by you to us on behalf of us and you shall account to us accordingly; and
(ii) any such sale shall be a sale of our property on your own behalf and you shall deal as principal when making the sale.
- Until you own the products (and as long as you have not sold them), we will be entitled to enter your premises to repossess the products or ask you to deliver them to us. You grant to us, our agents and employees an irrevocable licence to, at anytime, enter any premises where the products are or may be stored in order to inspect or repossess the products.
- You are not entitled to promise, or use as security for any debts, any of the products which are still our property. If you do, you will have to repay us all amounts you owe unless you first get our written permission.
- Your right to the products shall terminate immediately if any of the circumstances set out in clause 5(5) apply.
- We will not be liable to you for any shortages in the quantity we deliver, damage or loss, short-dated deliveries, or any faults in the products, unless you give us due notice in accordance with clause 7(3) below. We will not be liable for any faults in the products caused by abnormal storage conditions, deliberate damage, negligence, failure to follow our instructions or misusing the products. We will also not be liable for claims for any products which you have marked in any way.
- If we accept liability under clause 7(1), our liability is limited to making good any shortfall in delivery, replacement of any products which are damaged or faulty or to refund the cost of any products either using a credit note or payment refund. We are not liable to pay more than the net price of the products, less any settlement discount or other discount which may apply.
- You must contact us and notify us of any potential claim: (i) for missing goods and for specialist handling products as set out in 8.2 (i-v) below, within one (1) working day of the delivery (ii) for other claims within three (3) working days of the delivery. You must comply with our returns policy (see below) and use our standard forms where relevant (for example, a 'missing goods claim form' (for Alliance Healthcare or OTC Direct), or complete the E-missing form online (for Alliance Healthcare), in the case of shortages and a 'returns note' in the case of returned goods). You can ask us for copies of these from the Customer Services Department or (for Alliance Healthcare claims) go to the online E-Missing systemfound at: http://www.alliance-healthcare.co.uk/e-missings-portal.
- Unless we say differently in these conditions, we exclude to the fullest extent possible any conditions, warranties, representations and other terms expressed or implied by any law or Act of Parliament.
- Unless we cause death or personal injury by our negligence, we will not be liable to you for any pure economic loss, consequential loss, loss of profit, loss of business, depletion or loss of good will (in each case whether indirect or direct) you suffer from our supplying any products or how you use or resell them. If we do accept liability we will not pay more than the price of the products you have ordered unless we say differently in these conditions.
- We will not be liable for circumstances beyond our control, including but not limited to trade disputes, poor weather, breakdowns or natural disasters.
- Our employees or agents are not authorised to make any claims about the products unless we confirm the claims in writing.
- We will not be liable for any advice or recommendation our employees or agents give you about storing or using the products unless we confirm this information in writing.
- Products may be returned to Alliance Healthcare: (i) if we make an error in delivery, (ii) deliver damaged or faulty products (see section 9) or (iii) in limited cases, if you make an order error.
- In the absence of error on our part, or unless for recalls, faulty or damaged products, you may not return to us the following types of products:
- specials (non-stocked and unlicensed medicines);
- refrigerated products;
- veterinary medicines; or
- FMD products (as described in the circumstances set out in 8.6 below).
- If you want to return products ordered in error by you, you must return the products to your supplying service centre no later than the third (3rd) working day (beginning the day after you receive the product) after you received it telling us the reasons why. The products to be returned should be given to the delivery driver at the next opportunity.
- If you want to return products and you do not expect to receive another delivery within the three (3) working day period you should notify us as soon as possible and you must request a collection from Customer Services when you notify them of the return. If you do not request a pick up to enable us to collect within the three (3) working day period and the products are returned to us after this time we are not obliged to accept them. If you wish to return hazardous chemicals, cytotoxics, schedule 2 or schedule 3 safe custody controlled drugs you must obtain a return authorisation number from customer services before returning the product to your supplying service centre.
- Returned products must be in perfect original condition, not marked in any way and must not show any sign of having been tampered with.
- Returned product that is subject to the Falsified Medicines Directive (FMD) (i.e. prescription only medicine that has the two safety features, the 2D barcode and anti-tamper device applied) can only be returned (i) if the anti-tamper device has not be damaged and (ii) the FMD product has not been de-commissioned before being returned by you. If a FMD product is returned and it does not verify on return, we shall not be able to credit you for this returned product.
- We are entitled to charge, and you will pay, a returns surcharge if applicable. See the Alliance Healthcare Ordered in Error pages
- For more information about the returns process and how to complete the returns note, for Alliance Healthcare returns please refer to A Guide to Alliance Healthcare (Alliance Healthcare.co.uk > Useful Information > Working With Us). For OTC Direct returns contact customer services.
- You must keep a copy of the returns note and the driver must sign and date it to acknowledge that the products have been received. We may refuse any further claim for credit unless you can provide proof of collection if we ask for it.
- You cannot return products we supply which are covered by a transfer order unless you have received authorisation from the manufacturer on whose behalf we supplied the products.
9. Danaged or Faulty Product Claim
- If you want to claim for damaged products you must, either:
return the damaged stock to your supplying service centre; or
contact Customer Services at the supplying service centre to request a collection.
Claims must be made within the timeframes set out in 7.3 above and products returned to your supplying service centre within one (1) working day of delivery for the products listed in clause 8(2)(i-v) above or, for all other products, as soon as possible and no later than the 3rd working day (beginning the day after you receive the product).
- If you want to return products and you do not expect to make another order within the 3 day period you must request a collection from Customer Services when you notify them of the return. If you do not request a pick up to enable us to collect within the 3 day period and the products are returned to us after this time we are not obliged to accept them.
- Each claim form and returns note must set out the reason for the claim and:
(i) your name, address and account number;
(ii) the quantity, description, strength and pack size; and
(iii) the invoice number and date of the relevant invoice
(iiii)be signed and dated by a person with appropriate authority and include their registration number.
- If you have a claim relating to:
Refrigerated or temperature controlled products;
Schedule 2 or Schedule 3 safe custody controlled drugs; or
you must telephone Customer Services within one (1) working day from delivery to obtain pre-authorisation to return this product. These products should be packaged separately and entered onto separate returns notes.
- Hazardous products should be packaged separately in line with the statutory safeguards which relate to handling hazardous chemicals. You must let the driver or collections agent know, when they come to collect the products, in what way they are hazardous.
- Products which need temperature controlled storage can only be returned provided that you have stored them correctly whilst in your possession. You must let the driver or collections agent know about the temperature conditions required.
- We will only accept any medicinal products which are recalled by the manufacturer or product licence holder in line with the specific instructions given at the time of the recall. All products must be packaged separately, clearly identified as returns relating to the product or batch recall and accompanied by a separate returns note. The returns note must give details of the type of recall and, where appropriate, all batch numbers. Credit will be issued by us as authorised by the manufacturer or product licence holder concerned at the time specified by them.
- You may return at any time a product that has been returned by patients as faulty. The allegedly faulty item should be packed separately and listed on a returns note and returned to your local service centre as soon as possible. Please note faulty Pfizer, GSK, Astellas, AstraZeneca or Novo Nordisk products should be returned directly to the manufacturer and not Alliance Healthcare.
- You must keep a copy of the returns note and the driver must sign and date it to acknowledge that the products have been received. We may refuse any further claim for credit unless you can provide proof of collection if we ask for it.
- You cannot return faulty or damaged products we supply which are covered by a transfer order unless you have received authorisation from the manufacturer on whose behalf we supplied the products.
- For more information about the returns process and how to complete the returns note or missing goods claim form please refer to A Guide to Alliance Healthcare (Alliance Healthcare.co.uk > Useful Information > Working With Us) or contact OTC Direct Customer Services.
10. Your information
"Personal Data" means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity of that natural person.
"Business Data"any data or information relating to your business including, but not limited to, details of these conditions, your spend, products purchased from us or data collected on your EpoS and/or PMR systems (to the extent applicable) and provided to us.
- We will never sell your Personal Data to a third party.
- Notwithstanding clause 8(1) above, in respect of Business Data we will be entitled to use, share or sell to third parties or publish any such data for our legitimate interests in such a way that individuals cannot be identified from the data.
- We will only process your Personal Data in accordance with applicable privacy laws and only to the extent required for us to pursue our legitimate interests where we believe your fundamental rights or freedoms would not be overridden.
- If you are a member of a buying group, we will communicate your data to the buying group to which you belong to enable it to act on your behalf according to the terms of your arrangements with it.
- We may use your information to let you know about other products and services offered by us and other companies, in the Alliance Boots Group which we think, will be of interest to you.
- If you wish to amend or update your personal information or wish us to delete information about you please notify us at Privacy@alliance-healthcare.co.uk
- Any questions about this clause or how we will process your personal data please contact Privacy@alliance-healthcare.co.uk or for more information on Privacy at Alliance Healthcare (Distribution) Limited or OTC Direct Limited please visit Privacy statement
- We will be entitled to transfer to any other person all or any of our rights or the benefit of those rights created by any contract between us and you to which these conditions apply (or both).
- You will not be entitled to transfer to any other person or company all or any of your rights, or the benefit of those rights, created by any contract between us to which these conditions apply.
- Any notice given under these conditions must be in writing and addressed to:
(i) you at the agreed delivery address or any other address you have told us about; or
(ii) us at the relevant Companies registered office set out below. Please mark any notice for the attention of the Company Secretary.
- No waiver or retraction of a waiver by us under these conditions will be valid or binding unless it is in writing and signed by us. Our failure to exercise any right under these conditions, or to require your performance of any provision under these conditions, or our waiver of any breach of these conditions, will not prevent a subsequent exercise or enforcement of such provisions or be deemed a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision of these conditions.
- If at any time:
(i) any of these conditions should be wholly or partly illegal, invalid or unenforceable, then such illegality, invalidity or enforceability will not affect the other remaining conditions in any way;
(ii) any of these conditions should be wholly invalid or unenforceable but would be valid or enforceable if some part of the condition were deleted, then the condition in question shall apply with such modification as may be necessary to make it valid and enforceable.
- You agree with us that except as expressly provided in clauses 5(8) and 5(11) no term of these conditions shall be enforceable under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by a third party.
- We reserve the right to make a charge of £10 per copy for any copy document you request we provide.
- We are committed to eliminating all risk of bribery and corruption in our business. We comply with our Anti Corruption and Bribery Policy. We expect all our customers and partners to uphold the spirit of this policy and to not do any act or thing nor omit to do any act or thing for the benefit of, in the name of or on behalf of us that could cause us to be in breach of this policy or could be construed as an offence under any applicable anti corruption legislation (but not limited to) the UK Bribery Act.
- These conditions are governed by English law. The Courts of England and Wales shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction.
Alliance Healthcare (Distribution) Limited (Registered No. 3446039) has its registered office at 43 Cox Lane, Chessington, Surrey KT9 1SN
OTC Direct Limited (Registered No. 03118885) has its registered office at 43 Cox Lane, Chessington, Surrey KT9 1SN.